Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
gmlogo searchimage
* To
* From
Print Friendly

Cont​act Us

Ginnie Mae provides a number of resources for information about our company, business, and efforts to expand affordable housing in America. Please contact us through any of the resources listed below.

General Inquiries​

Before submitting a general inquiry, please take a moment to review our contact information below or visit our FAQs section. These sections provide answers to the most commonly asked questions. For general inquiries, please use this form.​

Physical Address

Ginnie Mae's physical address is as follows:

550 12th Street, SW, Third Floor
Washington, DC 20024

Written Correspondence​​

Please send any general, written correspondence to:

Ginnie Mae
451 Seventh Street, Room B-133
Washington, DC 20410

(202) 475-4930

​Telephone Inquiries
​Office of the President and Executive Vice President (202) 708-0926​
​Office of the Chief Financial Officer (202) 401-2064​
​Office of Securities Operations (202) 708-2884​
​Office of Issuer and Portfolio Management (202) 475-4930​
​Office of Enterprise Data and Technology Solutions (202) 708-3205​
​Office of Capital Markets (202) 401-8970​
​Office of the Chief Risk Officer (202) 475-8748​
​Office of Management Operations (202) 401-8794​
Doing Business with Ginnie Mae

Annual Financial Results​

Per APM 12-09, Issuers are required to submit their annual audited financial statements and supplemental documents to Ginnie Mae electronically using the Independent Public Accounting (IPA) module in the Ginnie Mae Enterprise Portal. ​

Applying to Become an Issuer

For information on applying to become an Issuer with Ginnie Mae, please visit the “How to Become an Issuer” page.

If you have questions about becoming an Issuer or to check on the status of your application, please send an e-mail to Ginnie Mae Issuer Applications or call the help line at (202) 475-7826.

New Issuer applications require overnight delivery to the following address:

Ginnie Mae
Attn: Enterprise Risk
550 12th Street, S.W., 3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20024​

Capital Markets

Please contact John F. Getchis at (202) 401-8970 or send an email to Investor Inquiries if you have questions about:

  • Eligibility for Ginnie Mae Multiclass Securities Programs​

  • Real Estate Mortgage Investment Conduits (REMIC)

  • REMIC Information Agent

  • Platinum Securities

  • Platinum Trustee

  • Stripped Mortgage-Backed Securities

  • Callable Trusts​

Committment Authority

All approved Issuers must apply for Ginnie Mae’s commitment authority before it may issue Ginnie Mae securities. For information on Ginnie Mae’s commitment authority or to submit forms HUD-11700 and HUD-11704, please send an e-mail to Ginnie Mae Commitment Authority. ​

Congressional Relations

Please contact the U.S. Housing and Urban Development Congressional and Intergovernmental Relations department for questions about Ginnie Mae’s congressional and intergovernmental relations. For the department’s staff directory, please click herearrow.​

Consumer Inquiries

Ginnie Mae makes it attractive for investors around the world to invest their money in the U.S. housing market; and, because Ginnie Mae provides liquidity to the mortgage market, Ginnie Mae’s role is frequently misunderstood. Ginnie Mae is the guarantor of the security for which Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Affairs (VA), U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Rural Development program (RD), and Housing and Urban Development’s Public and Indian Housing program (PIH) mortgage loans serve as collateral.

Because Ginnie Mae guarantees the security, it carries Ginnie Mae’s name. As a result, borrowers are often mistakenly advised that Ginnie Mae determines eligibility for loan modifications, though we do not. The loan modification process is managed by the loan servicer according to the guidelines of the insuring agency.

If you have concerns or questions about your government-insured loan, you should contact the agency which insured your loan. Information that may help consumers get in touch with the appropriate government agency is below.

  • If you have questions about the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) program, call 1-800-225-5342.

  • If you have questions about the Veterans Affairs (VA) Home Loan Guaranty program, call 1-800-827-1000.

  • If you have questions about the Rural Development (RD) program, call the USDA’s Centralized Servicing Center at 1-800-414-1226.

  • If you have questions about the PIH program, call the PIH Customer Service Center at 1-800-955-2232

  • If you have a loan that is not government insured or guaranteed, call HOPE NOW at 1-888-995-4673.​

Employer Identification Numbers

Please contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Center Entity Control Office if you have any questions about employer identification numbers. The appropriate IRS Service Center is based on state in which the Issuer is located.

Please see Chapter 10-9 of Ginnie Mae's MBS Guide for information on obtaining an EIN address.​

Enterprise Data & Technology Solutions

Please contact Barbara Cooper-Jones at (202) 708-3205 if you have questions about:

  • Information Technology Support and Solutions

  • Business Process Improvement Initiative (BPI)

  • Project Management Governance and Oversight Activities​

Enterprise Risk

Please contact Greg A. Keith at (202) 475-8748 if you have questions about:

  • Risk Management Initiatives​

  • Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)

Fidelity Bond and Errors & Omission Insurance Renewal

Per APM 12-09, Issuers are required to submit their insurance (fidelity bond and errors & omissions) to Ginnie Mae electronically using the Independent Public Accounting (IPA) module in the Ginnie Mae Enterprise Portal. ​


Please contact Thomas R. Weakland at (202) 401-2064 if you have questions about:

  • Annual Reports

  • Fiscal Year Budget

  • Internal Controls, Governance, and Compliance

Financial Reports, Quarterly

Please visit www.mbfrf.orgarrow or send an e-mail to if you have any questions about quarterly financial reports.​

Ginnie Mae Relationship Services

Please contact Ginnie Mae Relationship Services at (800) 234-4662, option 4, if you have questions about:

  • Central Paying and Transfer Agent (Remaining Principal Balances)

  • Pool Processing Agent (Pool and Loan Package Documents)

  • Payment to Security Holders

  • Letters of Credit

  • New Pool Issuance

  • Ginnie Mae’s Enterprise Portal (GMEP)

  • GinnieNET

  • Pool Transfers

  • Securities (Lost or Transfers)

Ginnie Mae's Relationship Services can also be reached by written correspondence at

Ginnie Mae Relationship Services
C/O Bank of New York
101 Barclay Street - 8 East
New York, NY 10286 ​


If you are an institutional investor and are interested in participating in Ginnie Mae’s multiclass program, please review the Ginnie Mae Multiclass Securities Guide or contact Capital Markets at (202) 401-8970 or via e-mail at

If you are an individual investor, please contact your broker directly. Ginnie Mae does not buy, sell, or lend Ginnie Mae securities.

Issuer & Portfolio Management

Please contact Michael R. Drayne at (202) 475-4930 if you have questions about:

  • Eligibility for Ginnie Mae MBS Program

  • Single-Family MBS

  • Manufactured Housing

  • Multifamily MBS

  • HMBS

  • Ginnie Mae I MBS

  • Ginnie Mae II MBS

  • Disaster Assistance

  • Document Custodians

  • Defaulted Portfolio Management

For additional contact information related to doing business with Ginnie Mae, please review the Ginnie Mae MBS Guidearrow.

Loan-level Reporting, Monthly

For information on monthly, loan-level reporting, please call the Ginnie Mae hotline at (888) 446-6434, option 1. ​

Management Operations

Please contact Deborah A. Hernandez at (202) 401-8794 if you have questions about:

Media Relations

Please contact Cynthia A. Adcock at (202) 475-4918 or Gina B. Screen at (202) 475-7816 if you have questions about:

  • Media Interviews

  • Issuance and UPB Data

  • Press Releases

  • Ginnie Mae Statements

  • Ginnie Mae Attendance at Conferences

Monthly Reporting/Issuer Assistance

Please contact the Ginnie Mae Data Collection Agent at (888) 446-6434 if you have any questions about:

  • Monthly RFS Reporting Problems

  • Request Assistance from the Issuer Support Group​

Securities Operations

Please contact John T. Daugherty at (202) 708-2884 if you have questions about:

  • Ginnie Mae Pool Processing

  • Paying and Transfer Agent

  • Central Registry Agent

  • Securities (Early Pool Termination)

  • Transfers of Servicing (MERS) ​


Please send an e-mail to Caroline Gorman-Miller if you are a new Issuer and need training on Ginnie Mae forms and systems.​


Please send an e-mail to the Ginnie Mae Website Manager if you have questions about Ginnie Mae’s website.​

Last Modified: 2/10/2021 9:07 PM